Monday, May 3, 2010

Inspiration through old text...

"Aurora, sweet Chaldean, you read my meaning backward like your eastern books, while I am from the west, dear. Read me now a little plainer. Did you hate me quite but yesterday? I loved you for my part; I love you. If I spoke untenderly this morning, my beloved, pardon it; and comprehend me that I loved you so, I set you on the level of my soul, and over washed you with the bitter brine of some habitual thoughts. henceforth, my flower, be planted out of reach of any such, and lean the side you please, with all your leaves! Write woman's verses and dream woman's dreams; but let me feel your perfume in my home, to make my sabbath after working-days; bloom out our your youth beside me, -be my wife."
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Aurora Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment